Knowing if it is possible to have a credit card while at ASNEF is one of the most recurrent issues among our readers. Today we answer that question and offer alternatives to get fast money
In this text we will answer the question of whether it is possible to apply for credit cards with ASNEF in 2018 , thus clearing one of the most frequent doubts. That your name appears in a list of defaulters like ASNEF or RAI is a problem, because surely you will be denied the requests you make for almost any financial product.
However, we will also explain in the following lines what alternatives you have if your name appears on a list of defaulters and you are looking for some credit to solve a certain problem.
If you are looking for credit cards with ASNEF, do not lose sight of everything that comes next:
- 1 Is it possible to have credit cards with ASNEF in 2018?
- 2 Can I still use my credit card if I am in ASNEF?
- 3 Minicréditos, the alternative if I am looking for credit cards with ASNEF
- 3.1 Caution with mini-credits with ASNEF
- 4 How can I leave ASNEF?
Is it possible to have credit cards in 2018?
No The answer is clear and I’m not going to deceive you or make you vague explanations. It is not possible to request a credit card being on a list of defaulters such as RAI or ASNEF because one of the basic requirements placed by banks with this type of financial product is that the applicant has not incurred any default.
A credit card offers its bearer a line of credit that can be used to make purchases of goods and services. This arranged credit must be returned at the end of the month or in various terms (with their respective interests) with circumstances that vary depending on the financial institution. Therefore, the bank needs to make sure that the cardholder has a completely clean record of defaults . If you do not know whether or not you are in a defaulter file, I recommend you read this text .
A person can be in ASNEF or RAI for small debts, it is not necessary to owe a large amount of money to do in these lists . To be able to ask for a credit card you will have to leave the lists of defaulters, which you will get by paying the debts that you have. At the end of this text I will explain how to leave ASNEF.
Can I still use my credit card?
In principle, yes . In the event that you already have a credit card and have recently discovered that you are in ASNEF, you can continue using your card normally. That you are in ASNEF or RAI should only affect at the moment you are going to request a product of credit, as it is the case of the credit cards.
However, it may be the case that your entity finds out that you have been included in a list of defaulters and that you can withdraw the card . This assumption is much more likely if the debt is right with the same bank with which you have the credit card. If you can, you should pay the debt as soon as possible and leave the ASNEF or RAI lists .
Minicréditos, the alternative if I am looking for credit cards
If you are looking for a credit card and you are in ASNEF or RAI, surely what you want is to have a small line of credit or loan to cover your needs. There is an alternative that you can study, although it involves risks that we will explain later. This alternative is mini-credits .
This is because there are certain companies that do offer small loans without taking into account that a person appears on a list of defaulters or not . However, there are certain conditions that must be fulfilled in order to be able to choose one of these mini-credits , and which are essential requirements to accept your request:
- If you are in ASNEF or RAI for a debt, this should not be related to any financial product : If you appear in a list of defaulters, in no case may be for having stopped paying a financial product such as a credit card or a loan . In this case, they will not grant you the mini-credit.
- The total amount of what you owe must not exceed a certain limit : Each financial institution or company that offers a mini-credit while at ASNEF or RAI places a certain limit on the debt incurred. This limit can range from € 200 to € 2,000, depending on the risk the lender wants to take.
Caution with mini-credits
Although they are an effective alternative to credit cards with ASNEF or RAI if money is urgently needed, requesting a mini credit is not free of risks , and you have to know in detail the conditions of this type of financial product to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future.
Next, the two main aspects for which we must be careful with mini-credits :
- The repayment period goes from 7 to 30 days with a single payment : The return period for the mini credits is very short, so you only have to use them to solve a specific situation in which you know you are going to be able to return the borrowed money quickly.
- The average daily cost is 1.1% : The minicréditos have very high interest, so every day since obtaining the same interests are generated at a rate of 1.1% (on average) on the value of credit ready.
How can I leave ASNEF?
At this point, if you do not want to take the risk of asking for a mini credit and you want a credit card, what you should do is leave ASNEF immediately. In this text I explain in detail how to leave ASNEF , but now I will give you the basic guidelines to achieve it:
- Pay the contracted debt : Something obvious, because to get out of a list of debtors such as ASNEF or RAI you have to pay the debt for which our name appears. Once the debt has been paid and by article 41.1 of Royal Decree 1720/2007, the entity with which we have contracted the debt must inform ASNEF or RAI that we have already complied with our credit obligation.
- Communicate to ASNEF the payment of the debt : Once the debt with the bank has been settled, if you have not been in a hurry to request that your name be removed from the lists of defaulters, you must ask the financial institution for proof of the cancellation of the non-payment. . In this way, we will deliver to Equifax (the company that manages the list of defaulters ASNEF) through its website the corresponding information to remove our name from your file.